The truth is, we think of D.I.Y. mommies as rock stars. Imagine putting up a whole celebration, from the invite down to the props, while taking care of a child? Okay, we change our minds, that’s a rock star superstar! Today, that kind of mommy is gracing our blog! Mommy Sheila of Jorem and Sheila Catilo Photography sent us her daughter’s snowy surprise party, and we just can’t hold it back anymore! You’ve probably guessed the themed already! So here is Sky’s Frozen-themed birthday! We’re sure you’ll love all the details as much as we did! Enjoy!
Mommy Sheila shares her story as well at the end of the post. Don’t forget to check it out!
What we’re digging:
- The Olaf spare parts giveaway! Now that’s creativity at it’s finest!
- The whole D.I.Y. event! We just have to give props to mommies and daddies who can pull off these kinds of events!
- We also love the pinwheel and snowflake backdrop! We especially love the color combination and the intricately-made snowflakes!
- The true love’s kisses chocolates! Not only is Mommy Sheila creative, she’s witty too!
- Including unique activities for the kiddos is always a great idea! Totally love the crown-making activity and the pin the carrot to Olaf game!
From Sky’s Mommy:
She’s been bugging us to do this theme for her birthday since last year. No matter how we tried to convince her to go with something else because everyone else seems to be doing Frozen, she wouldn’t budge… so we finally gave in. With a specific guest list and special requests/instructions (checklist) given to us by Sky herself, we were grateful that my maternity leave allowed me to have time to plan and execute a D.I.Y. party at home. It was a pretty fun project (although stressful during the last few days and hours hahaha) and it was nice that it gave Sky and I a chance to bond. Almost everything was lovingly handmade at home–from decorations, invitations, and even some of the souvenirs. With help from Pinterest, National bookstore, Divisoria, online shops, friends who cook, and our ever super supportive family, Sky was able to achieve her Frozen birthday party wish this year.
It was really a happy, happy day for our little Queen Elsa which made all the effort worth it!
Photography: Jorem and Sheila Catilo Photography / Food: Ate Lore and Ate Gie of Philippians 21st Century and Ate Josie Monzon and Patio de Imus at Casa Verde / BBQ: Ate Vicki sa Balimbing / Favors, Invitations, and Desserts: D.I.Y. by Mommy Sheila / Cake and Cupcakes: Khay’s Desserts and Cafe / Donuts: Dunkin’ Donuts / Cookies: Shoppersville Bakeshoppe / Cake Toppers: Pegtales / Balloons, Tables, and Chairs: Julie’s Party Shop / Elsa Dress: eBay Hong Kong / Planner: Mommy Sheila and Daddy Jorem