You’ve set the date, invited the guests, and you’ve got all your style details down to a T. The only thing left is figuring out what your guests are going to do! Entertaining an army of tots has never been an easy task, but it sure can be a simple one when you think like a kid! And the kid within each of us knows that the the most memorable parties are the fun ones! So we’ve compiled a bunch of fun ideas that might help spark your party-planning… and be ready, because it might just bring out the kid in you, too!
1. You can never go wrong with a bubble show, because who doesn’t like bubbles? Admit it, standing inside a bubble was, and still is, the most incredible thing ever.
2. Why not have some live book-reading at your party? It’s so fun and interactive, and you can entertain and educate at the same time!
3. Treat the girls to their very own spa day! You can be certain the little ladies will never forget their R&R day.
4. You just can’t deny that legos are addictively fun. I think even adults will get competitive building things from a great big lego pit!
5. Okay, you’re lying if you say that the sight of these giant lawn games wouldn’t send you into an uncontrollable spiral of excitement. Aren’t they so cool? It’s a great way to get the kids out of their seats, too!
6. Who wouldn’t want their favorite disney princesses, movie characters, and superheroes at their birthday party? I know I would! And I wouldn’t hesitate to give them lots of enthusiastic hugs, either!
7. Have kids get crafty at the party with their own take home creations. It’s also a great way to combine party games and party favors!
8. Try setting up fun cardboard standees for lots of laughs and memorable photos.
Photographer: Brian Fontanilla of Chapter One Studios / Event Stylist: Fiddy Ganzon-Ofrecio and Chrissy Borneofor
9. How about go-carts for the more adventurous celebrants? This would probably keep the kids entertained for hours!
Photographer: Ethan Vincent Photography
11. Something for those aspiring Robin Hoods, Meridas, and Katniss Everdeens out there! How about incorporating some archery into the party set up?
Styling: Luxe Parties
12. The little Einsteins and masterminds at the party won’t be able to pick up their jaws if you build them their very own laboratory! This is a great way to incorporate something educational into the celebration, too!
13. You can’t go wrong with your own little boxing ring! Isn’t it so cute? I can only imagine the amount of little (and not-so-little) boys bounding over to take pictures.
14. Okay, making your party guests their own little cardboard city is just too cool. Brings us right back to the making-rocket-ships-out-of-boxes days, doesn’t it?
Event Stylist: Pinwheel Crafts and Events
15. Set up some ridiculously stylish game booths. Your guests will never run out of things to do and prizes to win.
16. Everyone loves a good movie screening (especially if it’s this classy)! Set up a theme-appropriate movie, some pillows and popcorn, and you’re set!
Photographer: Happy Folks Studio / LED Wall: Mr. Rowell Octavio
17. Food trucks are always fun…and not to mention yummy!
Event Stylist: Luxe Parties
18. Keep it close to home with a whole lot of classic Filipino game goodness. Things like pabitin and paagaw never get old!
Photographer: Erickson Floresca / Event Stylist: Shaena Manzano
19. Keep things casual and outdoorsy with tents. Kids think they’re awesome (you know you used to make them with bedsheets) and they make for great photos. Best part is, you can dress them up and make them girly or keep them tribal and boyish.
20. It’s undeniable that mechanical horses are really, really cool. Something tells me the grown-ups were jealous of the kids at this party!
21. Cookie and cake decorating is an adorable way of getting everyone to show their colors and participate.
22. Allow your guests to drop messages and wishes in jars throughout the party. It’s a great thing to look through once the party’s over, too!
23. How about having your guests play digging games like at this rock party? Who else thinks this would be so much fun at a dinosaur or pirate’s treasure party, too?
Photographer: Jamie Lihan of Imagine Nation
24. Nothing’s better than a bubbly (or should i say balloon-y) host! Balloon creations are fun to watch getting made, and even better to take home!
What got you wanting to jump out of your chair the most? Let us know if you have any party ideas, or if there are any other ways we can help with your planning! We hope there’s something on the list the guests–or you–will have fun doing! Have fun, kids and kids at heart!