“Just keep swimming, swimming, swimming!”
It doesn’t take a genius to figure out where that phrase came from! And as you all know, the second installment of that famous Pixar movie will be coming out soon! So we invited Bento by Kat again to excite us a little bit more for the premiere. Today, she’ll be showing us how to make a Finding Dory-Inspired bento box. And we just can’t contain our excitement! Here goes!
If you want to know more about the step by step procedure, then click here for more!
Make sure you subscribe to our Baby and Breakfast YouTube channel to see our other videos!
What you’ll need:
- Blue Pea flowers
- Hot water
- Turmeric powder
- Melon balls
- Hard boiled egg
- Fish nuggets
- Steamed broccoli
- Put a few pieces of butterfly pea flowers in 1/4 cup of hot water and use this blue water to color the cooked rice blue.
- Shape the rice into the body and set aside.
- Use turmeric powder to color your cooked rice yellow and shape it into the tail. Attach to the body.
- Shape a fin with a little bit of blue and yellow rice. Attach to the side of the body.
- Cut seaweed for all the black parts of Dory.
- Slice the white part of a boiled egg for the eye and cut seaweed for the pupil.
- Cut seaweed for the inside part of the mouth and the details on the dorsal fin.
- Arrange the side dishes in the box.
- To make jellyfish melons, make zigzag carrot sticks and insert at the bottom of every melon ball for the tentacles.
There you go, mommies! Have fun bento-making with your kiddos!
Bento Artist: Bento by Kat