You’ve gone through your pregnancy (everything–morning sickness, cravings, hormones), you’ve given birth (let’s not even go there), and you’re basking in the feeling of motherhood. And then you go home. That’s when reality hits, and no amount of preparation has prepared you and your hubby for the real deal. Here are ten things you wish your husband knew before you brought your baby home.
1. There’s going to be a lot of crying
This makes the top of the list because you were almost drowning in tears.
2. Neither of us know a thing
You may think you know everything. But no amount of reading, researching, and asking for advice will prepare you for the actual thing.
3. Just help me
Please. Just. Help.
4. I will be super self-conscious
Dear hubby, if there is one thing you should not ever do ever again it is to criticize me. I just gave birth, I’m crying all over the place, and my self-esteem is hidden somewhere in Mars.
5. I will NOT want visitors
Hell hath no fury like that of a woman who has found out that her husband has invited visitors without her permission.
6. You will meet my mama bear alter ego
Was I protective before? That is nothing to how quickly I can turn into a mama bear now!
7. There will be times when you think I’m going crazy
Which is most probably true…
8. And times when I’ll be attached and clingy
Oh, did I say times? I actually meant all the time.
9. You can find me in the bathroom when you can’t find me anywhere else
I have never loved the bathroom more.
10. But in the end, it’s going to be okay
As infuriating as I am, as infuriating as you are, I still love you no matter what.