It’s finally summer and that means you’re searching for your next best family vacation! Well, if you’re in the mood for good food, great sights, and heaps of fun then it’s time to put South Korea on the very top of your travel bucket list. From bright streets lined with restaurants perfect for foodies to endless cultural sights, it’s hard to resist booking a ticket to the next plane flying to South Korea. Whatever the weather and no matter what the season is, you’re bound to have a memorable trip with your hubby and kids!
1. First stop for the family: Namsangol Hanok Village. This is a tourist attraction where you and your kids can get to immerse yourself in traditional Korean living. A performance art stage and a traditional garden can also be found here. What makes it even better? Admission is free!
2. I’m sure all that walking around will get your tummies rumbling, so head to Hello Kitty Café in Myeongdong next. This café has such cute Hello Kitty themed goodies and treats!
3. And now that you’re already in Myeongdong, it’s about time you shop and go try out all the delicious Korean street eats. Note, Myeongdong is the premier shopping district of the city where you can find all sorts of high-end products at really good deals. Shopping and eating–what a perfect way to end your first night in the city!
1. Of course, a trip with the family is not complete without visiting a theme park. Everland is South Korea’s largest theme park. A zoo, water park, plenty of exciting rides–you name it! This theme park has got it all. It’s divided into five zones: Global Fair, American Adventure, Magic Land, European Adventure, and Zootopia. I’m telling you, this park is perfect for both kids and adults!
2. If you don’t want to have to leave the city, you can also opt to go to Lotte World which your younger children will find more fun! It has both indoor and outdoor attractions you and your entire family can have fun with–great grub, magical castles, and an indoor ice rink! Go on an underwater adventure by paying a visit to the Lotte World Aquarium or you can explore Korean culture by spending some time in the Folk Museum. Don’t forget to watch out for the performances in the World Carnival Parade!
1. For your second to the last day here, visit Gyeongbokgung Palace. It’s one of the most iconic sites in Korea. It’s also said to be the most beautiful palace, and has such a long history that will surely interest the whole family. Also, be sure not to miss the changing of the guards ceremony that happens every 10 in the morning and 2 in the afternoon!
2. Don’t miss on your chance to wear a hanbok as you roam around all the palaces. Go all out and have your hair done too!
3. After this, you can head to the Trickeye Museum, which features art combined with 3D illusions and an augmented reality effect–a sure way to keep the kids entertained.
4. Cap off your night by visiting N Seoul Tower for the best night city views of Seoul. Visit the Ssentoy Museum & Showroom located on the fifth floor, before having dinner in any one of the tower’s restaurants.
1. Nami Island is a beautiful island where your family can appreciate nature and enjoy biking around the serene and scenic place. Don’t forget to try to spot roaming squirrels and bunnies too!
2. As soon as you start getting hungry, head to Nami Island Sonata Café for their Hotteoks–which are yummy Korean red bean pancakes–for a quick fix snack.
3. Go visit Petite France next, where you’ll be transported to an entirely different world and era of Europe. The colorful buildings here will get your kids excited in no time.
4. If you’re looking for utter relaxation and quiet time, you would want to give The Garden of the Morning Calm a visit! It’s filled with beautiful garden and outdoor sights–perfect for your bright and bold summer.
5. And you’re surely not leaving Seoul without trying what it’s well-known for: Korean BBQ! End your last night in this city by having the best K-BBQ experience. There are plenty of delicious Korean BBQ restaurants around, but On The Grill in Myeongdong seems to be creating a lot of buzz!